返回列表 回复 发帖
MV2009最新版本下载

Fomer diving head coach steps up catfight with her rival

Yu Fen, who trained China's diving queens and Olympic stars Fu Mingxia and Guo Jingjing, said on Monday that she has also submitted evidence to relevant authorities to support her claim that national diving team director Zhou Jihong misappropriated several million yuan in bonuses earned by divers that Yu developed and was therefore in line to benefit from.
The outspoken Yu, who has been at odds with her replacement Zhou since she left the team on bitter terms in 1997, was outraged two days ago when the State General Administration of Sport (SGAS) said it found no trace of impropriety in Zhou's conduct.
Now the cat-fight between the two women seems destined to escalate as Yu refuses to let the issue drop.
"With all the evidence available and with the involvement of the judiciary, I don't think the diving team can escape the reaches of the law," Yu was quoted as saying by the Beijing Daily on Monday.
Yu, now a coach at Beijing's prestigious Tsinghua University, sent a letter to the nation's sports watchdog - the disciplinary inspection and supervisory department of SGAS - earlier this year claiming that she never received 90 percent of the bonuses she was owed for her divers' victories in international events.
Yu complained that she had been overlooked by the national team and pointed the finger directly at Zhou.
The letter was recently posted online anonymously, sparking fresh debate over the establishment of a fair and transparent bonus system within the national team.
But an unnamed official from the SGAS department involved in the latest ruckus told Xinhua on Monday that the current system was sound and legal.
The official said the department had re-examined the records of all 18 bonuses awarded to Yu but could not find any evidence verifying her accusations.
He said the department informed Yu of these results in April - a claim strongly refuted.
"The department has never once informed me of the inquiry results since I reported the illegal practices to them," she told Beijing Daily.
"The disciplinary inspection department of the SGAS met me once in April and they gave me a signed list of bonus distributions and asked me to confirm them.
"I told them there were five people who replaced me in terms of being eligible to receive the bonuses but that this was done without my consent. I do not even know some of them.
"I asked the department to investigate the matter but it ignored my request and passed the buck to the Swimming Administrative Center (SAC)."
After contacting one of the five people and learning that his signature on the list had been forged, Yu said she again appealed to the department for help.
"The substitute told my lawyer that he never replaced me in receiving the bonuses and that his signature was forged," she said.
Yu added that her lawyer has now collected enough evidence to pursue a successful course of legal action.
返回列表